What Information Do We Collect From You?
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser or device when you interact with the Services, including your IP address, device ID and cookie information. This information is used to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site and the Services. We may use this data in aggregate form, for example, as a statistical measure or in other anonymous forms, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
Information Collected Using Cookies
• Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
We collect statistical information about how users, collectively, use the Services ("Aggregate Information"). This statistical information is not Personal Data and cannot be tied back to you, or your web browser.
Personal Data of Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected].
Information Shared In Connection with Related Services
We may also share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
Information We Share With Your Consent
Except as set forth herein, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
Access and Control Your Personal Data
• Users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
• You can opt-out of certain cookies and tracking technologies by following the steps set forth in the section titled “Information Collected Using Cookies” above.
• Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” or “DNT” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, and web applications, and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites.
California Privacy Rights: We comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents and who have provided InsertGif with "personal information" (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, or how the InsertGif reviews and processes any request from you to amend your personal information, please contact us as [email protected]
Is the Information About Me Secure?
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to [email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: May 14, 2020
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them.
• Contractual Necessity: We also process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
• Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties (which is not overridden by your data protection interests):
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
• Consent: In some cases we may process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
• Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
Personal Data of Children: We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected].
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data? You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email [email protected]. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
• Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
• Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
• Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
• Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
• Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
• Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
• Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
• Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about InsertGif’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data: The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through InsertGif and our service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to InsertGif in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize us to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries.
Beginning January 1, 2020, if you are a resident of California, you will have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
• Access: You may, not more than twice in a twelve-month period, request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data by emailing us at [email protected]insertgif.com.
• Opt-Outs: You are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. You may also opt out of our sale of your personal information by emailing us at [email protected].
• Erasure: You may request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you by emailing us at [email protected]. However, we may not be required to delete your Personal Data under certain circumstances, including if such data is necessary for us to provide you with the Services, if we use such data only for our internal analytical use, and if such data is needed to complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If you request that we delete your Personal Data, you may no longer be able to use the Services.